Resources for Trustees
WEBINAR MATERIALSMaterials for download from the trustee webinar -- more information and materials to come:
Tools for Trustees
Tools for Trustees: The Georgia Public Library Trustee Manual is a valuable resource for those serving on library boards. Board members can learn how Georgia's public libraries are organized and the many ways people use them. It also provides information on the important legal and fiduciary responsibilities of a trustee as well as the specific functioning of the board.
The workshop is presented by Lyn Hopper, the author of the manual. It includes a combination of interactive discussion and small-group activity for trustees. System Directors who wish to request training will find a booking request form linked from the workshop page.
- American Library Association (ALA)
- American Library Trustee Association (ALTA)
- Board Café
- Carl Vinson Institute of Government
- Friends of Libraries U.S.A. (FOLUSA)
- Georgia Center for Nonprofits
- Georgia Library Association (GLA)
- North Georgia Community Foundation, Nonprofit Network
- Public Library Association (PLA)
- Trustees Bibliography (materials available for loan from GPLS)