JOBS IN LIBRARIES
This is a list of job announcements for any type of library within Georgia and the Southeast.
YA Coordinator/ Library AssistantPosted by: Northwest Georgia Regional Library System
Posted date: 2017-Feb-23
Location: Northwest Georgia Regional Library System - Dalton-Whitfield Library
- Develop, implement, and present programs for teens in the Dalton-Whitfield County Library
- Plan and implement an exciting Summer Reading initiative for teens
- Assists in promoting and publicizing teen events and the library as a whole
- Maintains and reports statistics related to youth/teen services as required to the Public Services Librarian
- Attend regularly scheduled Youth planning meetings and workshops, webinars, and training as approved by the NGRL Library Director.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with Dalton City and Whitfield County Schools
- Select materials appropriate for the YA collection based on community need within given budget
- Work with other Librarians to weed the YA collection as appropriate on a regular basis following the librarys Collection Development Policy
- Assists with opening or closing routines according to shift assignments
- Assists circulation or LTTC (computer lab) desk as needed
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.