JOBS IN LIBRARIES
This is a list of job announcements for any type of library within Georgia and the Southeast.
Branch ManagerPosted by: GCPL
Posted date: 2017-Feb-17
Location: Gwinnett County Public Library
As a Branch Manager, you are the leader in daily branch operations. You set the tone for delivering exceptional service to customers and staff. Your proven ability to coach others for success inspires team work and a positive work environment. Your versatility enables you to expedite workflow, reach out to the community, and oversee the safety and maintenance of a branch. You do the right thing; every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity. Team building is mission critical, as well as the exceptional use of sound professional judgment and critical thinking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
2. Oversees and evaluates Library program design, planning, and implementation and ensures Library policies and procedures are followed.
3. Participates in community organizations to promote the Library's image and programs.
4. Oversees some aspects of a branch budget and assists Library administration with developing the annual budget by providing input on department needs and funding.
5. Maintains overall responsibility for a Library Branch's collection, which includes evaluating existing materials and needed materials, merchandising collection, and weeding unneeded items.
6. Performs liaison activities, attends meetings, responds to inquiries, and makes presentations to other County departments, civic and professional organizations, clients, and the general public.
7. Oversees the safety and maintenance Branch facilities.
8. Reviews and approves materials, policies, and procedures to be disseminated to subordinate staff and the public.
9. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE:
Positions assigned to the Branch primarily are responsible for:
Managing the daily operations of a branch library, and insuring that customers are satisfied with the service they receive.
Positions assigned as Branch Manager/Diversity Projects primarily are responsible for:
Managing the daily operations of a branch library; and
Identifying issues that impact the delivery of library services to emerging populations in Gwinnett County that have differences in language, ethnicity and/or culture.