JOBS IN LIBRARIES
This is a list of job announcements for any type of library within Georgia and the Southeast.
Library Director, Three Rivers Regional Library SystemPosted by: GPLS Webmaster
Posted date: 2014-Aug-07
Location: Three Rivers Regional Library System
The Three Rivers Regional Library System, headquartered one hour from Savannah, Georgia and one hour from the Golden Isles on the coast, seeks a dynamic library director to provide fresh and adroit leadership to this six-county library system with eight member libraries. This position will provide a salary exceeding $72,000.
Under administrative direction, the Director directs the operations of the Library to ensure quality library service to the community and ensures that the Library complies with all applicable laws and policies and decisions of the Board of Trustees.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensures that the Library provides a high quality collection of materials and services to meet the needs of the community.
2. Ensures that the collection is cataloged, maintained and weeded on a regular basis and all staff members treat all patrons courteously and impartially.
4. Develops and administers the budget and implements cost containment measures.
5. Ensures that all service contracts are developed in compliance with advertising and competitive bidding requirements and that contract obligations are fulfilled.
6. Positions the Library for greatest impact and service.
7. Represents the Library by participating on community and professional boards, committees, tasks forces, councils, and organizations.
8. Develops and articulates a strong vision to staff and constituents to ensure that the Library is proactive and responsive, patron and community centered, forward thinking and mission driven.
9. Works with the Board of Trustees to develop and recommend overall library standards and direction, personnel policies, fiscal and facilities planning. In conjunction with Board Chair, oversees Board agenda and provides materials and reports.
10. Fosters a climate of participation, creativity, and teamwork with and among staff.
11. Provides leadership in strategic planning to meet identified needs.
12. Develops a cooperative working relationship with each member of the Board of Trustees. Provides on-going training and development for trustees.
16. Hires, trains, supervises and disciplines regional and branch staff.