JOBS IN LIBRARIES
This is a list of job announcements for any type of library within Georgia and the Southeast.
Go back to the Job List
Content Management Librarian/Chair, Content ManagementPosted by: Georgia Regents University
Posted date: 2014-Jul-07
Location: Reese Library / Georgia Regents University
Reese Library of Georgia Regents University invites applications for the position of Content Management Librarian. The primary focus of this non-tenure track faculty position is the management of content, including metadata, collection development, acquisitions, cataloging, and serials. The position serves as chair of the Content Management unit, supervising one Serials/Electronic Resources Librarian, one Special Collections/Archives Librarian, and two full-time staff members.
The successful candidate will accomplish the following:
1. Manage the Content Management department (two librarians and two staff members), including daily supervision and evaluation.
2. Provide strategic direction and oversee content purchased for users on primarily undergraduate campus of evolving comprehensive research university.
3. Oversee the acquisitions budget.
4. Make final purchasing decisions based upon recommendations of liaison librarians.
5. Plan and develop departmental policies.
6. Manage metadata processes for the library.
7. Implement new RDA standards within one year.
8. Ensure content is accurately made available to library users.
9. Work with other units on digital projects in an institutional repository environment.
10. Serve as a liaison librarian to one or more academic units, and provide instruction sessions.
11. Manage multiple projects in an intense environment.
12. Advance the librarys position in the university and the academic community by working with peers and national content management librarians.