This is a list of job announcements for any type of library within Georgia and the Southeast.
Undergraduate STEM LibrarianPosted by: Jin Xiu Guo
Posted date: 2014-Apr-15
Location: Sturgis Library, Kennesaw State University
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Instructional Services of the Horace W. Sturgis Library, the incumbent serves as a member of the Instructional Services Unit and helps guide the library to meet the challenges of todays complex higher education organizations with an emphasis placed upon providing excellence in collections, facilities, organization, and services in undergraduate STEM programs. The Undergraduate STEM Librarian is responsible for working collaboratively to achieve the university and Sturgis Library missions, goals and objectives.
Undergraduate STEM Librarianship Duties (65%)
1. Provide library instruction in both online and traditional environments to STEM undergraduate students and faculty.
2. Serve as the undergraduate STEM library liaison to several STEM programs.
3. Purchase and recommend library materials for assigned undergraduate STEM programs.
4. Create instructional materials in multiple formats for use by STEM undergraduate students and faculty as assigned.
5. Consult with STEM undergraduate students and faculty on individual or group-related research projects as assigned.
6. Provide research assistance and reference services to STEM undergraduate faculty and other members of the KSU community as assigned.
7. Conduct annual workshops for Sturgis Library faculty and staff on the use of undergraduate STEM related services and resources.
8. Continuously update skills and knowledge of current best practices in academic undergraduate STEM librarianship for self and others in the organization.
9. Collaborate with other units to resolve issues impacting collections and services to undergraduate STEM students and faculty.
Undergraduate Liaison Program Coordinator
1. Coordinate the undergraduate liaison program for the library to include: assigning and adjusting specific liaison assignments, acting as the point person for questions about the program, and troubleshooting problems from faculty or librarians.
2. Train subject liaisons on their roles and duties. Create and maintain resources for liaisons such as an online tool kit, articles, or best practices.
3. Market the liaison program to the KSU community in conjunction with the Marketing Committee. Create emails, literature, and marketing materials with the Marketing Coordinator.
4. Coordinate subject team meetings and monitor subject liaison webpages and Research Guides.
5. Facilitate overall communication with the subject liaisons, the collection development librarian, and library administration.
Additional Responsibilities (15%)
1. Serve on library, campus, University System of Georgia and national professional committees.
2. Be professionally active and contribute to developments in the field of library science and/or subject-specific discipline through scholarship, presentations, publications, and service.
3. Assist the Assessment Librarian as necessary.
4. Assist the Collection Development Librarian with collection assessment projects involving undergraduate liaisons and assist with monitoring liaison budget expenditures.
5. Support concepts of striving for excellence.
6. Embrace Sturgis Librarys vision to be an organization that provides continuous learning for all staff and librarians.
7. Work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends and at various KSU learning sites.
8. Effectively facilitate the work of others.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.