This is a list of job announcements for any type of library within Georgia and the Southeast.
Technical Services Librarian/Web Developer/ILLPosted by: GPLS Webmaster
Posted date: 2013-Feb-25
Location: Greater Clarks Hill Regional Library System
The Technical Services Librarian/Web Developer/ILL is a full-time professional position who works under the direction of the Technical Services Manager to provide general maintenance of the collection and online catalog. This employee assists the Technical Services manager in the cataloging of materials accessioned into the regional system libraries' collections, applying PINES policies and procedures. This employee will also develop the Regional web page and process all Inter Library Loan requests.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES throughout the regional system:
- Provides library materials and professional services to regional libraries
- Assists in coordinating the cataloging of donated materials into the various library collections
- Catalogs materials in a variety of formats in PINES
- Knows and applies PINES policies and regulations in all areas of responsibility, attends PINES training
- Oversees the processing and marking of all materials
- Knows and applies PINES circulation policies and procedures as related to the automated catalog, circulation of materials through extension services, etc.
- Create and update regional web page to provide patrons with access to Library services and resources via the web.
- Ensure consistent branding and identity management across all web passed products
- Use current social media to promote events, services and program to the public
- Plan and conduct usability testing and overall assessment of the Libraries Web services.
- Processes all Inter Library Loan requests.
- Adds fees to patrons account when the ILL item arrives at HQ
- Routes the item to the correct library for patron pick up
- Other duties as assigned