Your community is supercharged about the new makerspace planned for your library. All systems are full speed ahead, and the staff is ready. But wait. Have you considered all the issues? For instance,
- Do you know about the liability issues inherent in makerspace programs?
- What can your library do to protect itself from liability?
- What elements should be in user waivers and in partnership agreements?
- Can the library protect itself from intellectual property liability when patrons use library equipment to create and copy all types of works using library tools and equipment such as 3D printers?
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will understand ways to:
- Minimize liability through waivers and insurance
- Point users to intellectual property resources to minimize their risks
- Register the library with U.S. Copyright Office to minimize its exposure to copyright liability from user generated content
- Frame a partnership agreement with an outside provider