What’s a Mission Statement Worth?
Could your mission statement describe any of several other organizations that are similar to yours? Do you just haul it out once a year for your annual report and 990? If you’ve been around for many years, you’re clear about your nonprofit’s value to your community, your stakeholders and/or your cause, why bother to revisit your mission statement?
The answers to these questions can make the difference between sustainable success and failure in several ways. Organizations that have a page-long mission statements and think that any effort to review it would be just empty wordsmithing may want to join us for this webinar to see what a rigorously crafted mission statement can do for marketing, fundraising, stakeholder loyalty, strategy, and managing change.
- Why your mission statement is so important.
- Why it’s worth editing your mission statement–and how to do it.
- What’s in a good mission statement, and what’s not.
- How a good mission statement forms the basis for strategic decisions.
- • How to measure your performance against your mission statement, and why that’s