Performance Implications of Mobile Design
Building a good mobile website, spanning different devices, platforms and contexts, is a difficult task. And also making that website FAST is even harder. Performance is often overlooked as designers and developers focus on layout and functionality, often resulting with slow and heavy mobile sites.
In this webcast presentation we'll review:
- The top design philosophies for building a mobile website
- Briefly explain each & dig into the primary performance implications it carries
- We'll show real world examples
- Explain what they did wrong
- Talk about how you can avoid these problems on your own site
About Guy Podjarny
Guy Podjarny, or Guypo, is a Chief Product Architect at Akamai. Guy works on Automated Front-End Optimization, and was the co-founder and CTO of Blaze.io, later acquired by Akamai. Guy has been in the web application field for over a decade, moving from Web Application Security to Web Application Performance, but keeping his focus on deep analysis of web pages. Guy is also a self admitted efficiency fanatic, looking to extract the most out of everything, from a packed suitcase to a complex web 2.0 app.