"Murder in the Library" at Moultrie-Colquitt County Library
Moultrie-Colquitt County Library
204 5th Street SE
"Murder in the Library" will be presented on Friday, September 21st, 7 p.m., at the Moultrie-Colquitt County Library, 204 5th Street, Southeast in Moultrie.
The event, a fundraiser sponsored by the Friends of the Moultrie-Colquitt County Library, will showcase community leaders as the actors:
· The mayor of Moultrie, Bill McIntosh, will portray a politician named Mayor MacBook;
· Moultrie Observer reporter Adelia Ladson will be book critic Page Turner;
· Jim Soos, co-owner of Christian Books & More, will be the bookseller Dalton B. Walden;
· Melody Jenkins, retired library director, will be Lotta Books, the librarian;
· Ken Turnipseed, a financial advisor, will be the publisher Dell Doubleday;
· Barbara Peoples, a hospital secretary, will be Lauren Bacall Number, the actress;
· Patience Hicks, a school teacher, will be Agatha Mystry, a mystery author;
· And Al Whittington, county sheriff, will be Sam Slayed, the investigator.
It will be up to the audience to solve the crime and help apprehend the murderer. Also, desserts "to die for," along with gourmet coffee and tea, will be provided as food for thought. Prizes will be awarded to the person who solves the crime.
Tickets for $25 each are available at the library and at Christian Books & More, 1612 First Avenue, S.E. in Moultrie.