Mobile Website Design for Libraries
Did you know:
- At the end of 2011 there were more than 1 billion mobile-broadband subscriptions worldwide?
- More library customers are using mobile devices and assume your library can be accessible from anywhere, at any time, and on most any device?
This webinar will help you learn how to easily and effectively make your library’s website accessible and useful to mobile users. Chad Mairn will describe and demonstrate various tools, tips, and techniques for creating mobile websites, making them interactive and engaging, and integrating them with other resources, services, and systems available through your library.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify 3 innovative library mobile website designs.
- Describe what a mobile framework is and why they are used.
- List 3 existing mobile services/apps that can be included in library-created mobile websites.
- Describe the best practices in mobile Web development
- Use a step-by-step guide for implementing a mobile website.