Language and Literacy Workshop, Leesburg
Lee County Public Library, 445 Oakland Parkway W, Leesburg, Georgia 31763
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Bright from the Start Partners with the Georgia Public Library Service and Rollins School of Language and Learning to present five free workshops. They are open to childcare staff, public library staff, and parents.
Session 1 - Let's Talk! Building Language Through Meaningful Conversations
This session will explore the TALK strategy as a means of supporting language development. Participants will:
- Describe and demonstrate the TALK strategy to build language skills
- TALK - Tune in, Ask open ended questions, Lift language, Keep it going
Session 2 - Let's Read! Building Language Through Repeated Interactive Story Reading
This session will explore the types of books appropriate for young learners and explore the READ Strategy to support literacy development. Participants will:
- Define and demonstrate the READ Strategy
- READ - Repeat, Engage and Enjoy, Ask open ended questions, Do more with the book
- Define and demonstrate the concept of Pushing in and Pulling Out language
- Describe differences between first, second and third reads PAT Push in (Action and Thoughts) then Pull Out.
For more details please see the Georgia Program for Infant and Toddler Care page