Five Clicks (or Fewer) to Census Data: Navigating the latest release of the American FactFinder – Part 1
American FactFinder Part 1 of 2
Do you need to know:
- How to create a mash-up map of the population and economic data of your city?
- The educational attainment level of Asians in different cities in California?
- The number of people in your county with health insurance coverage?
Linda Clark, data dissemination specialist for the U. S. Census Bureau, will guide you through the latest version of the American FactFinder database.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Quickly find the most current population for any city or county in the U.S.
- Obtain basic counts of people in specific categories
- Drill down to find rich topical data for your community at low levels of geography
- Locate tables that cross-tabulate broad subject areas with local race, ethnic, and tribal groups
- Answer most user inquiries in five clicks or fewer!
This webinar will be of interest to public libraries, medical libraries, law libraries, school and university libraries, reference desk staff, and all others engaged in providing customer service to people needing Census data.
Part 2 of this webinar will introduce you to even more detailed ways of accessing data in the American FactFinder and will be presented on Wednesday, August 14, 2013.