Can Your Board Tell Your Story?
Board members often don’t want to ask for funds, but when it comes to raising friends for your organization, most of them are eager. But, do they know how to tell your story? Here are some things board members can do:
• Develop their own 30-second elevator speech about your organization
• Present “just the facts, ma’am” fact sheet to a local business person
• Speak with passion about your organization to potential donors
- Understand the various constituents of your organization
- Develop appropriate messages for each constituency
- Develop a comfort level in presenting your story