The Affordable Care Act & Libraries, webinar
Beyond the SEA - A Monthly Webinar Series
November 20, 2013 - The Affordable Care Act & Libraries
12 Noon to 1PM (EST)
This presentation will cover a basic introduction to the Affordable Care Act (Health Care Reform) and the important role librarians will take in equipping community members with helpful information resources about the implementation and evolution of the multi-step plan. NN/LM SE/A region-specific resources will also be shared, including a tour of our ACA LibGuide: http://guides.nnlm.gov/sea/ACA
- Terri Ottosen, MLIS AHIP, is the NN/LM SE/A Consumer Health Outreach Coordinator, working mainly with librarians in the SE/A region.
- Nancy Patterson, MLS, is the NN/LM SE/A Community Outreach Coordinator, working mainly with faith and community groups in the SE/A region.
Both Terri and Nancy work to promote health literacy with the goal of decreasing health disparities in the region.
What do you need to join this conference?
- A computer (with Flash installed)
- A telephone
How do I connect?
- Go to this URL: http://webmeeting.nih.gov/beyondthesea/
- Enter as a Guest
- Sign in with your first and last name
Follow the instructions in the meeting room to have Adobe Connect call your phone (this is the preferred way; however, if you have an extension or for some other reason cannot let Adobe connect call you phone, call 1-800-605-5167 and enter the participant code 816440 when prompted.)
Test your connection: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview